Monday, May 26, 2008

Preteena ends.


I mean WTF. No farewell comic? I feel kinda betrayed. I was a long time fan of the comic and to end it with no fanfare is seriously leaving me with the feeling, "I got a better paying job, so long suckers."

'PreTeena' Comic Will Be Ending Next Month By E&P Staff Published: April 23, 2008 12:28 PM ET NEW YORK Allison Barrows is ending her "Preteena" comic on May 18. Universal Press Syndicate said Barrows, with a son about to enter high school and a daughter heading for college, will soon begin a new career as an associate producer in the area of interactive events and seminars. "It was an opportunity that was too good to pass up, and it demands my undivided attention," said the New Hampshire-based cartoonist. These days, many comic creators can't make a living with their syndicated features alone. "PreTeena," which had a theme of pre-adolescent angst, was launched by Universal in 2001.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEah, no sh**.